Sunday, January 24, 2010

Commitment To A Vision

Making A difference in 2010 (1)
John 4:1-26


1. Reach out to be a friend.
We need to build friendship to share the Good News. Jesus reached out to the Samaritan woman, an act seldom done by a Jew.

When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus said to her, "Will you give me a drink?" ~John 4:7 (NIV)

“… A man who has friends must himself be friendly,” ~Prov 18:24 (NKJV)

“There is no greater love than to lay down one's life for one's friends.” ~John 15:13 (NLT)


2. Love and care for them in a practical way.
A picture speaks a thousand words and an action speaks a thousand pictures. Jesus gave the Samaritan more than what water can do.

Jesus answered, "Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life." ~John 4:13-14 (NIV)

Your love for one another will prove to the world that you are my disciples."
~John 13:35 (NLT)

3. Pray for their well-being and salvation daily.
Who we worship determines our destiny and eternity. Jesus told the Samaritan woman what real worship was all about. God wants all to be saved and come to know Jesus.

Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. 24 God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth." ~John 4:23-24 (NIV)

"I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none.” ~Ezek 22:30 (NIV)


4. Invite them to the church, life group or special events.
"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
~Matt 11:28 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment