Sunday, August 9, 2009

Lead Like Jesus

Without wise leadership, a nation falls;
there is safety in having many advisers. ~Proverbs 11:14

1. KNOW YOUR IDENTITY
You must know who you are— know your strength and weaknesses.
“I am the bread of life” ~John 6:48
“I am the light of the world” ~John 8:12
“I am the good shepherd” ~John 10:11
‘I am the way, the truth and the life” ~John 14:6

2. KNOW WHAT YOU WANT TO ACCOMPLISH
Clarify what God has called you to do in life. Know your goals. Focus on what is important. Know the difference between the urgent and important.
“ I know where I came from and where I am going. …” ~1John 8:14-15 (NIV)

“The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.” ~John 10:10 (NLT)

3. KNOW WHO YOU ARE TRYING TO PLEASE
We cannot please everyone. Our motivation is to please God and serve others.
“… I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.” ~John 5:30 (NIV)

4. WORK WITH A TEAM
To be a leader you have to build a team. Great leaders don’t operate alone.
“He (Jesus) called his twelve disciples to him and gave them authority to drive out evil spirits and to heal every disease and sickness. ~Matt 10:1 (NIV)

5. HAVE TIME WITH GOD
Make listening to God a habit of your life. You need time with people and you need time alone with God.
“Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.” ~Mark 1:35 (NIV)

“Yet the news about him spread all the more, so that crowds of people came to hear him and to be healed of their sicknesses. 16 But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.” ~Luke 5:15-16 (NIV)

6. HAVE TIME FOR RELAXATION
Leadership is draining and hard work. Have fun and take time to recharge.
Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest." ~Mark 6:31 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment